Some things to know before class:
• Wear comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement.
• We practice yoga without shoes and socks on to avoid slipping.
• Props: Practicing on a yoga mat is helpful. They are designed to prevent slipping. A yoga strap, block, and a folded blanket are useful props, but never required. Standard size bolsters can be helpful for a yin/restorative practice. Two folded blankets can be a good replacement. Mary purchases many of her props from Hugger Mugger.
• Please do not bring your cell phone into the practice area. If you need to check your phone, please put it on "airplane mode" or turned off to ensure a distraction-free space for all.
• Do not feel intimidated. Classes are non-competitive and taught in a comfortable atmosphere that allows each student to focus on his or her own practice.
• Take each class and each movement at your own pace. Notice and respect how your body feels throughout the class.
• If you are new to the class or have any injury or health condition, please complete the intake form below, followed by the liability waiver. You may also arrive 5-10 minutes early to inform Mary or email her prior to class with any questions.
• You are encouraged to show up for class on time and commit to a full practice from start to finish. Centering breath and savasana are an integral part of your practice, intended to rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit.